Rest easy with extra protection.
Since 2013, Preferred Insurance has been helping customers get the coverage they need for their businesses. We invite you to learn more about us, and make Preferred your agency of choice.
What’s Covered Under Commercial Umbrella?
Purchasing the right type of Commercial Auto Liability and Commercial General Liability insurance is critical in protecting your firm in the event of liability-related lawsuits. Part of the purchasing process involves determining the limits of your policy to adequately address your risk profile, but you can only buy up to a certain amount under these primary, underlying policies. In the event of a catastrophic loss that involves a serious injury or even death, the liability amounts may simply not be enough to protect your assets. That’s where Commercial Umbrella insurance comes in – to protect the significant business assets you have at risk.
Do You Need A Commercial Umbrella Policy?
- Is your commercial property open to the public? When customers, vendors and others regularly visit your business, the chance of accidents and premises liability lawsuits increases.
- Do your employees use their cars for business? If an employee gets into an auto accident while driving for work purposes, you could be liable for their damages.
- Is there a high risk of occupational injury for your employees? Though Workers’ Compensation insurance should cover most work injury expenses, an employee could potentially sue you under the policy’s Employers Liability portion, alleging your negligence contributed to their injury.
If you answer yes to any of these, you may want to consider obtaining a Commercial Umbrella policy to bolster your protection.
Facts About Commercial Umbrella?
An Umbrella policy serves three purposes:
- To provide excess limits when the limits of underlying Liability policies are exhausted by the payment of claims;
- Can drop down and pick up where the underlying policy leaves off when the aggregate limit of the underlying policy in question is exhausted by the payment of claims; and
- May provide protection against some claims not covered by the underlying policies. For example, an Umbrella policy may include worldwide coverage, which is often a broader coverage territory than found in the underlying Liability policies.
Looking for help? Our agents can help you find what you’re looking for.
“Upon searching for that “competitive edge insurance agency”… I found the staff and management of PCIA to be very responsive and professional, with that extra touch of expedited service and impeccable documentation. They have handled our Commercial Auto and Cargo needs, while still providing the coverage at a fair price. If you’re in search of that “just right fit” for your fleet insurance, then look no further.”JR
“I just wanted to thank you for your incredible service over the past two years or so with regards to our business’ insurance coverage. You have been far and away the best and most diligent of any carrier we have had over our 36 years in business. Thank you all for your incredible time and attention to the needs of my business. WE look forward to another great year with you.”L. Lothrop
“I am so happy with PCIA as my insurance agent. I like the fact that even when things got tough for me you always took the time to answer my multiple questions and guide me to avoid pitfalls which in turn has saved me money.”E. Gutierrez DFW Pro Office Cleaning