Contractors Insurance

Get your tools, equipment & other assets covered.

Since 2013, Preferred Insurance has been helping customers get the coverage they need for their businesses. We invite you to learn more about us, and make Preferred your agency of choice.

Types of Contractors We Insure

  • Carpenters
  • Electricians
  • Landscapers
  • Plumbers
  • Roofing
  • Painters
  • Masons
  • And More…


What’s Covered Under Contractors?

There are many insurance coverages an artisan contractor should carry including, of course, protection for your hardest-working asset: equipment and tools that are often moved around. The Tools, Equipment & Property Floater, which is an Inland Marine policy, is available to insure your tools and equipment as they travel to and from project sites. This policy will also protect business technology and data that you use to build a modern business. In addition to this must-have coverage, Preferred also offers the following insurance products:


  • General Liability Insurance: To protect your business from third-party lawsuits that could occur if someone (other than an employee) experienced bodily harm, injury, or property damage because of your construction business.
  • Professional Liability/Artisan Contractor Liability Insurance: Unfortunately, mistakes happen each and every day for businesses. But if you’re a contractor who deals in repairing, creating, or installing things in homes or businesses and something goes wrong, it could very easily be the end of your business and your livelihood if you’re not properly covered. This coverage is designed to respond in the event of an error or omission in the work you perform that results in a claim by a client suing for financial damages.
  • Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Provides employees with medical expenses and lost wages if they get hurt on the job, while also protecting your business from lawsuits.
  • Commercial Auto Insurance: Contractors rely on their work vehicles to get the job done, but a Personal Auto policy won’t cover your auto if you are using it for your construction business. A Commercial Auto policy provides coverage for the vehicles you and your employee use for work, and covers any autos titled by your business.
  • Course of Construction Insurance/Builder’s Risk: A form of Property insurance that protects your projects while under construction. This will provide coverage to replace and repair damage to the project itself, as well as materials and supplies that are on the project site. Protects your business equipment, your investment on a project, and provides a safety net for the worst-case scenarios that threaten both.
  • Commercial Umbrella Insurance: Extend the liability limits in your underlying policies (Commercial General Liability, Commercial Auto) so that you don’t end up incurring out-of-pocket expenses in the event of a catastrophic loss.

Looking for help? Our agents can help you find what you’re looking for.

“I am so happy with PCIA as my insurance agent. I like the fact that even when things got tough for me you always took the time to answer my multiple questions and guide me to avoid pitfalls which in turn has saved me money.”

E. Gutierrez DFW Pro Office Cleaning

“Upon searching for that “competitive edge insurance agency”… I found the staff and management of PCIA to be very responsive and professional, with that extra touch of expedited service and impeccable documentation. They have handled our Commercial Auto and Cargo needs, while still providing the coverage at a fair price. If you’re in search of that “just right fit” for your fleet insurance, then look no further.”


“I just wanted to thank you for your incredible service over the past two years or so with regards to our business’ insurance coverage. You have been far and away the best and most diligent of any carrier we have had over our 36 years in business. Thank you all for your incredible time and attention to the needs of my business. WE look forward to another great year with you.”

L. Lothrop Lothrop’s Landscape, Inc.