What Does A Business Owners Policy Cover?
A Business Owners’ Policy is one of the most basic forms of business insurance and comes standard in most business policies. If you’re a business owner, you probably have this coverage. But what exactly does it cover? Each policy from various insurance carriers will differ in terms and conditions, exclusions and limitations. Below is a list of general items that are likely to be covered; however, you should check with your agent or insurer for the specifics of your unique policy.
• Computers and media: Similar to personal property coverage, this policy covers computers, hardware, software etc. It can also cover replacement or repair of lost or damaged data resulting from covered damage to computer equipment.
• Laptops: This coverage is unique from general computer coverage because it protects laptops and other portable/mobile devices at any location worldwide, and even while in transit.
• Equipment breakdown: Covers the expenses associated with repairing or replacing equipment following mechanical breakdown, including air conditioners, boilers, phone systems, break room appliances etc.
• Property of others: Protects you against damages or loss to the property of customers that is in your business’ possession, such as computer equipment undergoing repairs by your business.
• Business income: Offers reimbursement for a loss of earnings resulting from a covered loss or damage to your property. It can also cover higher costs of continued operations after a covered claim.
• Money and securities: Covers money and securities used in your business if they are lost, stolen or damaged.
• Lock and key replacement: Covers the cost of re-keying your business’ locks following the theft of the keys to the premises.
Your agent can help you select a policy that has the coverages your business needs for optimal protection of its assets. Don’t miss the chance to work with a professional agent at Preferred Insurance to help find you the right policy at the right price. Give us a call and let an experienced Preferred Insurance agent guide you about how to properly insure your business.